At the Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund we are committed to protecting your privacy. This page describes how we collect and use your personal information.
- We only collect information with your consent
- You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, and change how we contact you or ask us to stop
- We will only collect the minimum possible amount of information
- We take the security of your information very seriously and will never sell it, or share it with another organisation without your consent
If you want to learn more about our data protection practices, or for advice on exercising your information rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
T: 0207 307 3313
We collect information about you with your consent. That means we only collect information you give us, or have agreed we can have. For example, when you access our Welfare services or make a donation.
You have the right to withdraw consent at any time, no questions asked. If you no longer want to hear from us, or would like to change your contact preferences, you can do so by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information we require depends on the reason for which we collected it.
|One Heart Newsletter||Email or postal address in order to send you a newsletter.|
|Gift Aid||Name and address and UK tax status in order to comply with HMRC requirements.|
|Welfare services||If you access our Welfare support services, we will need to confirm RAF service details and require information about your specific circumstances in order to determine how best to support you.|
|Website||We use Google Analytics to track how our website and shop are used. The Analytics tool collects anonymised information such as country, referral channel, gender, and number and times of visits for website users. We use this data to improve our services.|
|Donation||Contact details in order to acknowledge your kind donation and send you further information about the work of the Fund, if you have asked to receive it.
Bank details, if you set up a Direct Debit or Standing Order.
Your connection to the Fund or RAF, if you have chosen to tell us, which we use to evaluate our communications and services.
Donation details, in order to process payments to the Fund.
Debit or credit card details, or you choose to give in this way Your date of birth, if you have chosen to tell us, to help us understand our supporters.
- We segment donor information based on characteristics such as geographical location, interests or number and value of donations.
- In order to help us to understand our donors better, we may under some circumstances conduct research and create a profile about you and your interests. We use research and financial profiling techniques undertaken by us and through trusted third parties. We use reputable sources, where someone would expect their information to be read by the public.
We'll use this information to help us improve and tailor our communications with you, for example only sending information relevant to your interests and in the way that you prefer. This also ensures we're as efficient with our resources as possible. We may also be obligated to conduct due diligence checks to reduce the risk of fraud.
If you would like to know more about profiling, you can email us at: email@example.com.
We will only ask you for information we need, for the purpose for which we are collecting it. And we will ensure you understand, at all points, for what purpose your information is being used.
We will never sell your information to third parties, and, if we have to share it with another organisation, we will only do so with your consent.
The Communications Team moderate comments on our website and social media accounts to protect those who view them. We will challenge, rather than delete, inaccurate comments or data, and remove anything that is:
- Contains offensive language
Please be aware that we cannot remove Facebook 'likes' and comments on Facebook and Twitter posts are public.
We may provide Facebook with email addresses of those who have signed up to receive newsletters or other fundraising information in order to allow our fundraising advertisements to appear in your newsfeed and the newsfeed of others.
Facebook only uses your email address for this purpose. This should not disrupt your experience of using Facebook, but if you would like to opt out of this activity you can do so by emailing our Website Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint or comment about how we moderate social media, please contact our Communications team.
We have a number of measures in place to protect personal information.
- Only keeping information for as long as strictly necessary
- Two-factor authentication for log in to our computer systems
- Up-to-date virus and malware protection
- Encryption and password protection when sharing information externally
- Strict access controls determined by business need
- Staff training
You have the right to a physical copy of any information we hold about you, free of charge. You may also want to know, for example, where we got that information, how we use your information, and with whom that information is shared.
If you would like to make such a request, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
Data Protection Officer
Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
67 Portland Place
London W1B 1AR
T: 0207 307 3313 E: email@example.com
Updating your information
We want to make sure we only contact you in ways you would expect, and that we keep our records up-to-date where possible.
If you would like to:
- let us know that your contact details, or details of your circumstances, have changed
- change how we use your information, for example the frequency or method with which we make contact
- ask us to stop contacting you, or have your information erased
- object to, or make a complaint about, how we have used your information.
Please let us know by calling, emailing, or writing to us.
T: 0207 580 8343
Royal Air Force Benevolent Fund
67 Portland Place
London W1B 1AR
Information Commissioner's Office
If you need to raise a concern about how the RAF Benevolent Fund is processing your Personal Data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO).